This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [NOMINATIONS] Mafioso Awards 2021

So we're making some changes to the way that we run awards, namely by having nominations open all year round so that people are less likely to forget about things and don't miss out if they only play February-September, for example. Nominations can be submitted here.

The award categories are mostly the same as last year, but I've optimistically added a general 'best turbo performance' award (so please can we run a few turbos this year lol). If there's an award category that you think is missing from this list, add a comment to this thread and we can talk about adding it at any stage in the year. It's worth noting that general 'best player'-type awards have been left out intentionally because it's hard to judge those based solely on 2021 and because it can overlook, for example, people who don't have time to play very often or who only play at the start of the year.

There's also something called 'I'd like to thank...', which is a place for you to thank game mods, hero players/replacements, tech team, whoever you want for cool things they've done for the community or for you personally. An example of something that inspired this category is that time when I posted a lazy plaintext flavourless EoD post in Wolf 359 (I was just in a rush dw) and Talon a) messaged me to make sure I was okay and b) then went and wrote and formatted a spectacular EoD post, despite having no idea what was going on, in the style I'd been using.
    This won't culminate in an actual vote/award but I'm aiming to compile a list of these to post when the next awards season rolls around and the goal is for it to be hella wholesome.

Any questions post them here!

Nominate Hawk best orator.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      Nominate Hawk best orator.
      Awh <3 there's a single tear in my eye.

Comment

We should have a Best Teammate award and Best New Player imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mi$$Sparkle View Post
          We should have a Best Teammate award and Best New Player imo.
          Yeah we did use to do a best new player award but idk how many actually new players we’ll get given that they can’t stumble across us as easily anymore, I had a small crisis about this a while ago lol

Best teammate, idk, I’d like to keep the awards away from like, personality judgements and friendships xD but if people think it will be fine/want to add it then we can do.

Comment

Thunal33 for best scum performance in "Into the Woods" How to out Power Town in one easy step

Kito and Thunal for best scum team. Overcame the odds and won
            ​​​​​​Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice." Sidney Freedman

Comment

How about an award for best gah post?
              🤣
              Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary, over many a volume of forgotten lore, suddenly there came a tapping...

Comment

Originally posted by Dear Sigmund View Post
                Thunal33 for best scum performance in "Into the Woods" How to out Power Town in one easy step

Kito and Thunal for best scum team. Overcame the odds and won
                Seconded on thunal's scum performance.

Comment

I've updated the google form to have Into the Woods and a new best gah post category - we'll see how much activity it gets and go from there xD

Have also submitted the nominations for Thun + Kito on siggy's behalf

Comment

Thoughts on Best Teammate award for both alignments?

if it’s a go then I nominate Ducky as Best Mafia Teammate and Sonny as Best Town Teammate.

Thought it would be a cool award :)

Comment

And I already suggested that XD sorry haha

Comment

And I already suggested that XD sorry haha
                        I really am open to it I’d just like some more opinions on it before committing as I’m a bit concerned it would become a popularity contest xD but really if other people don’t think that will be an issue I can totally add it

Comment

I like the idea in concept but it's kinda hard to implement because... how would town vote for best scum teammate? If you have best scum player and then best scum teammate that's half or more of scum players in a game already nominated for something

Comment

Why is that a bad thing? It takes skill to be good consistently as the mafia alignment re:Kito

hawkataine How many 2 mods need to agree on the nomination for the best teammate awards?

Comment

Why is that a bad thing? It takes skill to be good consistently as the mafia alignment re:Kito

hawkataine How many 2 mods need to agree on the nomination for the best teammate awards?
                              There’s not really any rules around it, très informale etc. I’ll add the category for now and we can see how it plays out over the year.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkataine View Post

I really am open to it I’d just like some more opinions on it before committing as I’m a bit concerned it would become a popularity contest xD but really if other people don’t think that will be an issue I can totally add it
                                I agree. Awards like this always turn into popularity contests.

Comment

hawkataine when are games updated in the nomination form?

Comment

Originally posted by Guillotina View Post
                                    hawkataine when are games updated in the nomination form?
                                    I was gonna do it today, thanks for reminding me!

Comment

Seanzie for best scum performance in Pixar. I really think he would have pulled it off if it weren't for... well, you know. Seems only fair to have some losing teams still be recognised for their performance.

Comment

Spades for best town performance in Pixar is also not a bad shout tbh

Comment

Working...
                                        X