Mafia theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrippedOnReality View Post

I hadn't ever really thought of it as matching thread in terms of output as town, but I suppose that makes sense on some level. Basically mafia is a game of interactions; if the interactions are all one sided, that doesn't really help move the game forward for town, and that could happen in either a fast paced game or a slow paced game. Not to say that everyone needs to have the same level of interaction or anything, but if 2 people are doing 80% of the interacting, that makes it hard to get a read on other people, either due to their not posting enough/their posts getting buried in the noise. I've also played games where I've had very limited time to play, and I spend the entire time just trying to stay caught up on the thread and never really get around to posting much. I do think there is sort of a sweet spot between enough content to get a decent read on people without the thread being so bloated that it's hard to keep up.
    Yeah, for sure. One other thing I talk about in the article coming out (I'll link it here in case anyone is interested) is that if the game is very fast, then you can't really expect people to be making wall posts very often. So in the same way you would post more if the game is fast, you would also be putting less effort into each post, if that makes sense?

Comment

Here's the article I wrote on MU if anyone is interested in reading it.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...%28by-Quick%29

Comment

Nothing theoretical, just preference.

Some players prefer to make a reads list with every player, then reevaluate as often as needed.
        Some players prefer to have 1 townread and sheep them.
        Some players prefer to have 1 strong wolfread and tunnel them.
        Some players view everyone wolf until proven otherwise, some players view everyone town until proven otherwise.
        I think I prefer to be careful with my reads: early having only 1-3 elimination preferences and ideally no wolfreads until much later but hopefully at some point.

​​​​Some players want to go to the front lines and push to get the wolves killed, some players want to support from behind in however they can best, some players want to work together with others like partners; walk together so to speak.
        I think I have seen some who want to bring others down, but I don't think I've seen someone who wants to lift others up.
        I think I prefer whichever of them all is the path of least resistance.
        ​​​​​​
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Quick View Post
          Here's the article I wrote on MU if anyone is interested in reading it.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...%28by-Quick%29
          What if your wolf meta was to post every thought you have, therefore drowning town in nonsense while making yourself look committed? I seem to see it frequently. Those people couldn't afford their town and wolf range being so drastically apart.

Comment

Working...
          X